Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Elmer's Comber Rotary Engine Project





After completing my first project I wanted to step up the difficulty level a bit. I decided to go with Elmer's #46 Comber Rotary Engine. The plans can be found at http://www.john-tom.com/html/ElmersEngines.html. I chose this engine mostly due to the uniqueness of the valve cam action.  The two pictures above show the cylinder and main bearing assembly.  It's made using 7075 aluminum with brass press fit for the cylinder sleeve and main bearing.  I was quite happy with the results.



Completed parts.  I don't currently have my own video of the engine running as I am currently out of the country, however I was able to find one on youtube of the same engine build. I have posted it in the video section under the title of 'Elmer's Comber Rotary Engine'.


No comments:

Post a Comment